30 August 2013

My Leibster Award


Nancy over at My Little Criatura has nominated me for a Leibster Award. So, what is a Leibster Award you ask? It is a peer-nominated award given to up and coming bloggers (with less than 200 followers). It is a great way to come across some new blogs with the opportunity to gain some new readers. I thought it was fun, so here we go....

The Rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator.
3. Choose 11 bloggers, each with fewer than 200 followers, and nominate them for the award.
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Contact your nominees and notify them of your nomination.


Here are the questions Nancy asked along with my answers:

1. How did you come up with your blog name?  See blog post here

2. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written? Link to it so we can all read it! My favourite posts are a tie between this one and this one.  I love reading the story of Palmer and remembering exactly how I felt that day!

3. Morning person or night owl? Coffee or tea? Salty or sweet? (yes I know I'm cheating and asking more than one question but they're easy one word answers!) Lately, a morning person. Coffee. Sweet.

4. What is/are your favorite book(s)? (This one’s for me - I'm always looking for new book suggestions!) One of my favourite books is Still Alice by Lisa Genova. Quick easy read but so good. Recently, a book I read that I really enjoyed was The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer. I am intrigued by stories like this because I believe things like this actually happen!!! (read post here)

5. What is the one thing (not person) you don't think you could live without? Food. I love me some good food. Might sound a little obvious (and literal) but I love to eat!

6. What is your favorite place you've travelled to? Although I have travelled to many places around Western Canada, the USA and Caribbean, I have to say one place I love going to is Whitefish, MT. The scenery is beautiful, its so calm and peaceful there. There are many things to do there all year round. We hope to one day have a cabin there.

7. If you could spend a day with any person – past, present, living, dead – who would it be and why? I would spend another day with my Grandpa. He passed away 14ish years ago now. I think about him often.

8. Is your life right now what you imagined it would be 5 years ago? Is there anything that surprises you about your life? I don't know that I ever imagined 5 years ago what I have today. I have an amazing, supportive husband who is my best friend in the world, a beautiful, healthy baby girl, the best dog I would ever ask for (minus his floor phobia), a job I can say I love (most days) and a home. Really, what more could I have asked for?

9. If you could go back in time and give your younger self any one piece of advice, what would it be? Have fun. Don't take life so seriously all the time. Its OK to let go and have a good time! 

10. What would you do with a free day all to yourself? This one is hard to say. I don't know that I would want an entire day all to myself. Ya, it would be fun to be pampered and get a massage and a mani/pedi and stuff my face with the most delicious food, but the thing I love most is getting to spend time with Mitch and Palmer as a family, doing family things.

11. If you were to go back to school just for the fun of it, what would you study? What’s one subject you really want to know more about? Like the book I referenced above, The Inner Circle, I am so intrigued by history and  cryptology (like the movies National Treasure and The Da Vinci Code). I would want to learn all about things like this; trying to figure out puzzles that lead to the next clue and so on and so forth. (Does this sound nerdy??LOL)


I choose to nominate:
(Sorry if you have more than 200 followers, I used the numbers from GFC and Bloglovin')

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama
Cherice @ Bake Me A Dress




Questions for my nominees:
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. What can you do today that you weren't capable of doing a year ago?
3. If you had to teach something, what would you teach and why?
4. What is your most beloved childhood memory?
5. Describe your life in a 6 word sentence.
6. What is your favourite blog post written. Link to it so we can all read it!
7. Describe yourself in one sentence.
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
9. What are your 3 favourite simple pleasures?
10. If you had to move 3000 miles away, what is the one thing you would miss the most?
11. When you have a random hour of free time, what are you usually doing?

To My Nominees:
Send me a comment and link back once you have done this. I would love to read your answers. Of course, you don't have to do this, but I think its a fun little way to learn more about each other and a great way to come across some new blogs! 

post signature
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

7 comments :

  1. Thanks for nominating me! It's actually my 3rd time being nominated and I did one already this week (not to brag!) so I think I'm going to pass but thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Ally! Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  2. ok done!! Here it is: http://rychelly-foltzfamilylife.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Rychelly! So interesting to hear everyones answers!! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me. I filled it out.
    http://bakemeadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Cherice!!! Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  4. FINALLY getting mine done! Thanks for the including me!
    http://www.happyfitmama.com/fun-friday-2/

    ReplyDelete