11 March 2015

A Day In The Life: A Working Mama

I have been wanting to do one of these posts for awhile now, but I felt that doing a post that was our days off was not a true reflection of what our daily lives are actually like! Since I work full-time outside the home, the majority of our days are spent like this:

5:33am - Alarm goes off. Both Mitch and I are up and getting ready for our day. He has been starting work at 6:00am.

6:08am - Wake Palmer, get her ready for her day. Stop off at the potty, and get dressed.


6:16am - Let the dog out. It's a nice day, so he will stay out all day.

6:18am - Starting to get Palmer ready to get out the door. Nearly everyday is a fight to get a coat on, shoes, and get out the door.

6:22am - Out the door. Thank goodness, because it is often a much harder task than this, and often times we end up running late and I HATE feeling late!!

6:28am - Drop Palmer off at the dayhome. 

6:44am - Arrive to work and get myself organized. 

7:00am - Work day starts.

9:45am - Break time. 

12:30am - Lunch time. Eat my lunch, browse my phone.  

3:24pm - Home time. Thank goodness!!! The first day back after a few days off is always hard!

3:45pm - Pick-up Palmer from dayhome

3:49pm - We start the drive home. Palmer usually requests "Shay It Off" so we rock out to T. Swift!

3:55pm - Get home. We head out to check the mail, then we plop down our bags and get some snacks started.

4:03pm - Palmer does her usual "chore" of feeding Leaf.

4:06pm - We enjoy snacks outside because it is gorgeous outside!

4:08pm - Slight meltdown because Leaf helped himself to her Teddy Graham cookies
4:10pm - Meltdown over, we enjoy the weather and play outside for awhile!

4:46pm - Start to make supper and we play games and read while we wait for Daddy to get home. 
5:42pm - Daddy's home and we eat supper!

6:02pm - "Mmmm, dood (good) suppa"

6:04pm - "I don't want suppa"

7:02pm - Palmer and Mitch play; they make puzzles and read books while I make a quick batch of muffins.

7:22pm - We enjoy "smoonies" (smoothies) and our freshly baked muffins.


7:35pm - Bath time. Sometimes it's a fight, other times she get so excited. Tonight was a fine. Mitch does this while I take Leaf for a walk. The weather was great, so the walk was refreshing!

7:42pm - Palmer picks our her own jammies, socks and a diaper. She's got this routine down!

8:05pm - Palmer picks out one book (she usually negotiates 2 or more, and of course, we fall for it every time).

8:07pm - Goodnight kisses and hugs. We say "i wuw you" and Palmer gets tucked in for the night.

8:15pm - Palmer's in bed. Mitch and I relax for a short while, watching TV and catching up on each others' days. Then its time to do a quick toy pickup and tidying of the house.

8:17pm - I hear fake cries coming from Palmer, and realize Mr Elephant is sitting right in front of us on the coffee table. How could we have forgot Mr. Elephant???

8:45pm - I get in the shower. There is something I love about crawling into bed after a hot shower!

8:56pm - I let the dog in for the night and hope that he is satisfied with staying in all night. 

9:03pm - I quickly browse through social media, finish up the last couple points on this post and make sure my alarm is on, to start this day all over again tomorrow!!

No comments :

Post a Comment