29 December 2014

Christmas 2014: A Little Recap

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your families! Ours was filled with delicious food, great company and lots of presents (mostly for Palmer)!

I just wanted to do a quick little recap on our Christmas holiday!

We stuck around home for the week because I was working night shifts. It sucks that I have to work over the holidays when everyone else seems to get the time off but I'd rather be working a night shift than have to work during the day when all the excitement is happening or in the evening when there is yummy turkey dinner!  I didn't manage to sneak in to much sleeping time on Christmas, but that is not unusual for me for a night shift!

Christmas morning was so much more special this year; I absolutely loved watching Palmer unwrap all her gifts and enjoy each and every one of them like it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen.  Everything from socks to Elmo colouring books to her kitchen set was opened with such anticipation and excitement. It truly is unbelievable to watch your child be filled with so much joy and love. Christmas really took on a whole new perspective for me this year.

I didn't really take too many photos during Christmas. I was just soaking everything up, enjoying our morning with our family. The memories captured over the holidays will not be forgotten and I am so okay with not hiding behind a camera for it all. 


We are currently in Saskatchewan visiting my family for Christmas so Palmer, of course, got spoiled yesterday too! Lucky little girl!  We will be here for a couple more days. We are planning on using her new skates tomorrow!  

I can't wait to catch up on all your Christmas Recap posts soon! Until then, I'm going to enjoy my day here and will be offline!!!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment