24 January 2016

Weekend in Review

This past weekend was a big one. We had two birthdays in our house. Palmer turned three, and I hit the big 3-0! We had a small family get-together for Palmer's birthday on Thursday, where she was spoiled with presents all day, and she chose all her favourite meals; rainbow pancakes for breakfast, chicken nuggets for lunch and hot dogs and chips for supper, followed by my very own homemade  rainbow chip (from a box), raspberry filled, orange flavoured icing Minion cake!
Her last photo as a 2 year old!!



Friday, Grandma and Grandpa treated Palmer to a toy at the toy store. After some humming and hawing, she decided on some Paw Patrol toys. Between those and her Minion karaoke machine, she's been busy all weekend.

Friday afternoon was beautiful outside, so I decided I should take myself and the dog out for a run. It was the best I had felt running in a long time. I made it 8.85km, and truly felt like I could have kept going, but I knew Charlie would be hungry sooner than later so I headed home. It took me 45 minutes to do it and it had me seriously considering half marathon training for a race in the Fall. We will see what happens in the coming months and if I still feel that way!

Saturday was my birthday, but we kept things pretty low key. With Mitchell being away for school right now, and Charlie still being so young, keeping things quiet was just fine with me. We did some shopping at Costco, I picked up my free Starbucks birthday drink, and figured out my new Macbook Pro! (First-time Mac owner here, so if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!!). Then, mom, dad, the girls and I went out for dinner and stopped off for some Fro-Yo after!



Sunday was a lazy day. The birthday celebrations were winding down, the snow was falling, and we stayed in our jammies, watching movies by the fireplace all day long and made some homemade soup! 



We've got a busy week ahead of us with doctor and dentist appointments, bachelor night, and another busy weekend!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment