14 January 2016

That Friday Post

All I can say is TGIF! What a week it's been! Let me just dive right in to my five things.

1. It got quite cold, so getting outside just wasn't working out for us, which means the girls and I were cooped up inside for a couple days. Let me tell you, there were moments when insanity struck our house. Hard. But, we did manage to sneak out once or twice to take some pretty pictures and catch snowflakes on our tongues!



2. Palmer was so excited tonight when I put some pink owl jammies on Charlie. She rushed into her room after her bath, digging through her jammie drawers and pulled out her matching pink owl jammies and yelled "Mommy, me and Charlie are same same!" How sweet??? I love it!


3. Palmer has not been napping since she left the dayhome back in August. So, for the last 5.5 months, I have been fighting with naps. I tried "rest time" and was mostly unsuccessful. I ask her nicely if she wants a nap and I always get a polite "no, thank you" back. But, more often than not, if we are out in the car, or in the stroller, anytime in the later afternoon, she will fall asleep. Then I am torn between waking her and putting her to bed at a normal time, or letting her sleep and fighting with bed time. Ugh....



4. Next week is host to two birthdays in our house, so we hit up the cupcake shop today (makes sense right?) These yummy coconut cupcakes are my favorite!

5. I thought this girl was ready for crib naps, we were successful a handful of times, but what she really wants is to be held. I don't mind one bit, besides the fact that I try to get quality Palmer time in then too. Often I can put Charlie down in her swing for a nap after she has fallen asleep, but today, she just wanted to be held. I went with it, because she is only little once, and there will come a time when she doesn't fall asleep in my arms anymore and I will miss it!

Happy Weekend, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment