13 July 2016

Docking Our Tot For Sleep!

When we had Charlie, we dreamt she would be as good of a sleeper as Palmer was, and for a few months, that dream was a reality. Then, 4.5 months hit and we were in for a rude awakening. The dreaded four month sleep regression hit us hard. Charlie went from sleeping 12 hours through the night to waking every 2-3 hours. Hoping it was just a phase, and it wouldn’t last long, I went ahead and fed her every time she woke. It was easy. It worked. She ate, and we all went back to sleep (for a couple hours anyways.)

Fast forward a few months, and we were still waking multiple times in the night to feed. I knew I had to put an end to this habit I had formed with Charlie. If we had been living in a house, I would’ve put a stop to it much sooner, but with our current living arrangements (living in our RV) I kept putting it off. Making excuses, like I don’t want to wake everyone else up. Eventually, I had to try, so we came up with a modified sleep training method (not letting her cry it out, but soothing her and not feeding her through the night) in combination with testing out the DockATot


When we received the DoctATot in the mail, I couldn’t wait to bust it open. After all our sleeping issues, I couldn’t wait for the first nap and sleep with the DockATot Grand. We got ours in Pristine White, but there are many colours and patterns to choose from. 

To my surprise, it worked. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I thought, how can this make my baby sleep better? DockATot is designed to essentially imitate the womb offering a safe, snug, soothing environment. Well, I don't know if it was solely that, or that combined with the timing of our sleep training, but Charlie didn't wake up for her usual one am feeding. Nor did she the next night, or the next one or the next. WINNING!





What I love about the DockATot is that it is portable, so when we are out of town, we take it, and I like that it gives Charlie a bit of consistency when we are away. The room she’s sleeping in may be different. The time we put her down may be different, but the constant of the DockATot is there, and I like to think it helps her to sleep the same as she would if we were at home. 

While we are waiting on possession of our new house, Charlie has been sleeping and napping in the play pen, and with the DockATot, the comfort level seems so much better for her. Living in our RV for 2.5 months while waiting on our new acreage isn’t easy, and poor Charlie hasn’t been able to sleep in her own crib, so the DockATot makes her sleeping arrangement much better, in my opinion. And, hopefully, using the DockATot in the crib too, when we finally do get to move in, will make for a much easier transition.



Plus, how cute is she lounging on the built-in air bumpers (or pillows).





***Product was given to me in exchange for this post, but as always, all opinions are my own***

No comments :

Post a Comment