31 December 2013

Christmas at the Lowe's

Christmas this year showed up way too quickly. Seems to be a trend this year - time flying by much too fast.

the loot, and that wasn't even all of it!!
We hosted Christmas at our house this year. With it being Palmer's first Christmas and me having to work a night shift, we figured it was a good idea to stay close to home for the holidays.

Palmer with Mommy and Uncle Troy
Christmas Eve was filled with a lot of delicious (unhealthy) food, games, good company, and a fun gift exchange between the adults.

Christmas morning, Christmas jammies
Christmas morning we all took our time waking up. With Palmer not really having any clue what is going on this year for Christmas, there was no need for us to wake up at the crack of dawn to rush downstairs to see what Santa had left for us.

We started our morning with a nice brunch with bacon, eggs, ham, cinnamon buns, and a delicious fruit tray. We started opening gifts around 11am, and wow, were there ever a lot of gifts to open. Our only problem with starting the gift opening so late was that we started to run into Palmer's nap time so about halfway through, she was starting to get pretty cranky. She also was getting cranky when we would help her to open a gift, show it to her, and try to get her to open the next gift without her getting to play with the previous gift!

my new gift!
Palmer's stuff....so spoiled!!!
our matching new green pants and purple slippers
 We all got spoiled this year!!! Mitch and I didn't go overboard with gifts for Palmer this year (because she didn't know what was going on and because we knew everyone else would be spoiling her). She was a pretty lucky little girl this year! I too, was a lucky girl this year! I was completely surprised by my new camera (which I love) and a surprise trip to Whitefish from Mitchell (which I also love).

Turkey dinner was delicious, as usual. I love turkey dinner. It is one of my favourite meals.
the 29lb bird!!!


The day ended with a full belly and me heading into work!

Our family Christmas Photo



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment